If you are from India, then you must have to know about ministers of Indian government.
Here, we talk about one of the popular writer, activist, environmentalist and politician – Maneka Gandhi.
Maneka Gandhi work as a member of the Lok Sabha and member of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP).
She has been a minister in four different governments, most recently she works under Narendra Modi’s government from May 2014 to May 2020.
Maneka Gandhi is also a writer of a number of books in the area of etymology, law and animal welfare.
If you are interested in politics then this will be a very interesting article for you.
But if you do not love politics, then also you have to read this to get some knowledge of the Indian government and the workers of the Indian parliament. So, share this article as much as possible.
Full name of Gandhi is Maneka Sanjay Gandhi.
She was born in 26th August 1956, in Delhi, India into Sikh family as Maneka Singh Anand.
Her father was an Indian Army officer Llt.Col.Tarlochan Singh Anand and her mother were Ameteshwar Anand.
Now, she is the widow of Indian politician Sanjay Gandhi.
How she met him and how she made her career in the Indian Government is very interesting to know, for that just sticks to this article until the end.
She is an Indian politician and the current member of Lok Sabha, which is the lower house of the Indian Parliament.
Maneka Gandhi is a part of BJP, current ruling party of India. She is a Minister of Women and Child Development in this party.
Maneka Gandhi authored a number of books in the areas of etymology, law and animal welfare, as these are her field.
|Full Name||Maneka Sanjay Gandhi|
|Profession||Politician & Animal Right Activist|
Political Career of Maneka Gandhi
Maneka is a self-described environmentalist and animal right leader in India. She earned lots of international and national awards and acclaim.
Maneka’s relationship with Indira Gandhi was disintegrated after the death of Sanjay Gandhi and they both start to argue with one another.
Maneka Gandhi publishes the book named – “The Complete Book of Muslim and Parsi Names”, in the recognition of her husband’s faith.
She later published the book – “The Book of Hindu Names (Penguin)”.
She became a successful politician with her husband and made her own party with Akbar Ahmad named “Rashtriya Sanjay Manch”.
Political Parties in which Maneka Gandhi work.
She starts her career with Rashtriya Sanjay Manch from 1983 to 1988.
After some time she joins Janata Dal from 1988 to 1996.
Now, from 2004 she is an active member of Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP).
Political Journey of Maneka Gandhi.
In 1983, Maneka Gandhi founded the Rashtriya Sanjay Manch.
This is so successful those days because her party won four out of five seats in 1983 Assembly Elections of Andhra Pradesh.
She contested the 1984 Lok Sabha Elections from Amethi, Uttar Pradesh but lost against Rajiv Gandhi.
In 1988, she merge her party with VP Singh’s party i.e.; Janata Dal and after that, she became the General Secretary of Janata Dal.
In November 1989, she won her first election and she became a member of Lok Sabha.
When VP Singh Government came in action, she became the Minister of State for The Ministry of Environment.
She worked as the Environment Minister from 1989 to 1991.
In 1996 and 1998, she fights the Lok Sabha election from Pilibhit as an independent candidate and won.
1999, she starts supporting BJP and also appointed as the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment.
In 2004, she became one of the active members of BJP and fight for Lok Sabha Elections and again won from Pilibhit.
In 2009, the fight from the Aonla Lok Sabha seat.
She became a member of the Union Minister of Women & Child Development in 2014 in the Narendra Modi Government.
She fights the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections from Sultanpur and won that election against BSP’s politician Chandra Bhadra Singh.
Awards and Honours achieve by Maneka Gandhi.
- Lord Erskine Award for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) in 1992.
- In 1994 Environmentalist and Vegetarian of the year.
- In 1999 Lifetime Achievement Award by the Venu Menon Animal Allies Foundation.
- In 1999 Dewaliben Charitable Trust Award.
- International Women’s Association and Woman of the Year Word (2001).
- Dinanth Mangeshkar Aadishakti Puraskar in the field of Environment and Animal Welfare in 2001.
- In 2011, she won Rukmini Devi Arundal Animal Welfare Award.
- Maneka Gandhi got the Human Achiever Award in the field of Woman Empowerment and Children Welfare by the Human Achiever Foundation, India.
Personal Life of Maneka
|Date of Birth||26 August 1956|
|Age (as on 2020)||62 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|School||Lawrence School, Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh.|
|College||Lady Sri Ram College for Women, New Delhi.|
Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
|Address||House No. 14, Ashoka Road, New Delhi, India|
Controversies of Maneka Gandhi
- She did not have a good relationship with Indra Gandhi through her married life and after the death of Sanjay Gandhi in 1980, Indira expelled her from the official residence of Prime Minister.
- Before 2014 Assembly Elections of Uttar Pradesh in 2014, appealed to BJP leader to name her son (Varun Gandhi) as the Chief Ministerial candidate.
- In 2019 she again traped in the controversy that, the Election Commission issued a show-cause notice to Maneka Gandhi for her hate speech in Sultanpur.
- In her speech of Sultanpur, she said that – “She wouldn’t provide Jobs to Muslims if they didn’t vote for her”.
Family Members of Maneka Gandhi
|Parent||Father’s Name – Late Lt.Col. Tarlochan Singh Anand.|
Mother’s Name – Late. Amteshwar Anand
|Children||Son’s Name – Varun Singh|
Daughter’s Name – None
|Siblings||Brother’s Name – None|
Sister’s Name – Ambika Shulka
|Salary||INR 1 Lakh+ with other government benefit|
|Net Worth||INR 37 Crore (as on 2014)|
|Asset(s)||Moveable Assets – INR 12.46 Crores|
Cash – INR 39,000
Bank Deposit – INR 6.07 crores
Jewellery – 3415.59 gm of Gold and 85.025 kg of Silver (which worth INR 1 crore)
Bonds & Debentures – INR 6.07 crores.
Immovable Assets – INR 24.95 crores. i.e.; 1 Residential Building worth 18 crores, 1 Commercial Building worth INR 6 crore.
Contact Menaka Gandhi
Instagram – Click Here To View.
Twitter – Click Here To View.
Facebook – Click Here To View.
Must Read – Love Story Of Bollywood Sexy Diva – Sonam Kapoor
Some Well Known Facts About Maneka Gandhi
- Maneka Gandhi is an Indian politician, Animal Right Activist and Environmentalist.
- When Maneka Gandhi was in college, she participates and won in many beauty pageants and fashion shows.
- She had been taking modelling assignments since her college days.
- Maneka Gandhi selected for an advertisement for Bombay Dyeing. She was very appreciated for that advertisement and it was got noticed by Sanjay Gandhi as well, and he fell in love with her after seeing the advertisement.
- In 1973, she met Sanjay Gandhi at a cocktail party of her cousin, Veenu Anand. They spent some time together and Maneka instantly starts liking towards Sanjay.
- Even though Maneka’s mother not like her relationship with Sanjay Gandhi, they got engaged in July 1974 and got married on 23rd September 1974.
- When Congress faced defeat in the 1977 election, Sanjay and Menaka started planing for the next elections, to bring the Congress back in the power and for that Maneka Gandhi start a monthly magazine called Surya.
- On 13th March 1980, when Sanjay and Menaka had their first children, he named was Feroze, but later that name was changed by Indira Gandhi and named him Varun Gandhi.
- On 23rd June 1980, Sanjay Gandhi was die in a plane crash while flying a new Pitts S-2A aircraft of Delhi Flying Club.
- Soon after that Maneka warned Indira Gandhi about the condition of the plane and instead of that Sanjay should not fly that aircraft as it was not in a good condition.
- After the death of Sanjay Gandhi, Indira Gandhi brought Rajiv Gandhi into politics and it was reported that Maneka was upset with this decision.
- When Maneka Gandhi had an argument with Indira Gandhi in PM House, she was forced out to leave the Prime Minister’s House.
- So, after that in 1983, Maneka Gandhi formed her own party, Rashtriya Sanjay Manch and they won 4 out of 5 seats in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly elections, which was one of the great achievement consider by a new party.